Thursday, 30 March 2017

Cristiano Ronaldo honoured in Portugal

​

Portugal and Real Madrid superstar,Cristiano Ronaldo has been honored once again in his country as the Madeira international Airport has been named after him, Goal.com reports. A bust of Ronaldo was also mounted outside the terminal. It was unveiled in a ceremony attended by President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa. Speaking at the event, the player who led his Portugal team to Eurovictory (their first international trophy) last year said:

Thank you very much for being here, to see my name being given to this airport is something special.

Everybody knows that I am proud of my roots and of my hometown, in interviews I give, I always make a point of praising Portugal and Madeira in particular.

Tributes should be given while people are still alive as myself, so I would like to thank the regional government of Madeira for the courage and firmness to defend this idea.

The Portugal captain now has a statue, museum and hotel bearing his name in his birth place, Madeira.

The post Cristiano Ronaldo honoured in Portugal appeared first on .

Go To Original Post Cristiano Ronaldo honoured in Portugal



via 36NG | www.36ng.com.ng - Pop of Nigeria created by Segun and Lala

No comments:

Post a Comment